Crystalian is a regular boss encounter found throughout the Lands Between in Elden Ring. Crystalian is typically located at the end of optional dungeons but occasionally out in the field.
You’ll run into different Crystalians as you progress through the game. They often appear as two monstrous-yet-humanoid shapes that you must face off against at the same time, regardless of where you confront them in Elden Ring. Each fight may have the Crystalian sport various weaponry that can make each encounter a slightly different challenge.
In this post, we’ll help you figure out how to defeat Crystalian in Elden Ring. We’ll go through boss battle methods, tips and tricks, and item drops.
Do you need a Spirit Ash Summon for a Crystalian fight?
While you can take on Crystalians alone, we recommend employing some teamwork or even a spirit ash summon to aid you in conquering the boss.
Every little helps, so if you haven’t previously summoned another player for the fight, it’s a good idea to employ an Ash summon with Crystalian battles.
Locations, Runes, and Items Drops from Crystalian
Each Crystalian encounter you face can drop a different number of Runes, ranging from 1,800 up to 7,000.
You can find a Crystalian encounter in each of the following places:
- Academy Crystal Cave
- Crystal Release
- Atlus Tunnel
- Somberstone Miner’s Bell Bearing
- Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel
- Smithing Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing
- Sellia Hideaway
- Crystal Torrent
By the time you’ve beaten them all, you’ll be knocking New Game + (NG+) Crystalians down with no effort!
Strategy for Beating Crystalian Boss in Elden Ring
As each Crystalian fight may involve different weapons, your strategy for defeating Crystalian will most likely be strongly influenced by the weapon the monster is armed with. It’s important to note that Crystalian has poor poise and is easily staggered, so use this to your advantage.
For example, Ringblades have a lesser range than, say, a Spear, so you’ll have to adapt your playstyle accordingly!
Remember: as with so many boss encounters in Elden Ring, employing Summon Spirits to divert their attention while you attack them from behind, especially with backstabs to destroy its armor, is a practical approach.
With Crystalian’s armor shattered, you can genuinely destroy him and cause enormous damage.
For spellcasters, hit it with as many spells as you can, such as Glintstone Pebble, until it’s staggered, then take advantage of the moment to strike hard.
Tips and Tricks for Beating Crystalian
- Every Crystalian adversary has a spinning strike that you must be aware of. When the boss wraps their hands around their waist, they will soar into the air and swirl around the entire arena, slicing after you. Back away from them during this phase, but if you go too close, the attack is reasonably easy to avoid because it doesn’t come back around more than once.
- The spear Crystalian mostly strikes you with stab attacks. These may be parried outright if you have a shield or evaded through towards the boss to land a fast blow or two after they finish the strike.
- It’s a good idea to jump and strike the Crystalian’s head since this is considerably more likely to stun them than a traditional melee assault.
- The ringblade Crystalian attacks from a distance, making it hard to take a breather during the battle. They may either throw circular blades at you from the side or a buzzsaw-like blade at you from the ground. We recommend dodging rolling past these assaults towards the boss since if you’re carrying a large blunt weapon or one with a Blood attack, you may easily stagger the monster with a hefty blow.
- Beware the Crystalian with the staff as they employ crystal-based powers against you. The monster will summon a swarm of crystals to shower down on you all at once if you go too near it and shoot a blast of crystals in a fan configuration towards you from afar. If you’re battling the Crystalian alone, it could be a good idea to start with the one with the staff.
More Elden Ring content
We’ve been waiting to get our hands on FromSoftware’s Elden Ring for so long, we almost can’t believe it’s finally arrived and we have a massive amount of content just for you. Other than our Tier List, We’ll be here to walk you through every step of your journey through the Lands Between. Join us for all our Elden Ring content and guides over the coming days and weeks!